Tell me about race day !
- Your bib number should be visible during the race to ensure proper timing and race management.
- Due to permit restrictions, all runners must complete the course by 7:30pm (2 hour time limit for 10K, 1 hour 30 minute time limit for 5K)
- We ask that all walkers in any event move to the back of the field to ensure a smooth and safe start. We ask parents to ensure their children do not crowd the starting line for any race. Unless your child is a 5-6 minute miler, he or she should not be upfront at any race start.
- The race starts at 5:30pm for the 10K and 6pm for the 5K. Registrations are accepted on race day from 3:00pm until 10 minutes prior to the desired race (5:20pm for the 10K and 5:50pm for the 5K). Pre-packet pickup the day before the event will be announced if it occurs.
- Parking is Free in designated parking lots and street parking.
- Please only participate in the event for which you are registered. Violators will be disqualified. We have a process to switch on race day.
- If you can’t stay to receive your award, we have a process to mail them to you.
- Medical personnel will be available at the event.
- Yes, and credit cards will be accepted. Race day registration begins at 3pm.
- Walkers are welcome. Everyone must complete the course by 7:30pm due to permit restrictions.
- I do not have a bib number. Can I run the race as an unofficial entrant? No. Race amenities provided along the course, including medical assistance, fluid replenishment stations and traffic safety concerns are based on the exact number of officially-entered competitors. Any addition to this number by way of unregistered participants will adversely affect the races.
- Can I use a baby jogger, roller blades, scooter or bike? No. These items are all strictly prohibited from the race course.
- How can I review results at the end of the race? Results can be found at the timing tent and online.
- Can I use headphones or earbuds?The rule prohibiting headphones is no longer enforced by USATF; however, Run 4 Shelter recommends you do not wear them during the race. Runner’s’ ability to hear and react to situations and directions given by race officials is very important. Your safety is our number one priority.
- All courses will be clearly marked with mile markers, cones and arrows where required. Bikes will lead in each event to ensure race leaders are not obstructed.
- Water and snacks will be provided at the race and food will also be available from local restaurants for you to purchase. New this year, a beer truck will also be joining us!
- Registrations are final and there will be no refunds.
- The new location is in the Hydrosearch parking lot n the Stevensville Business Park located near Terrapin park (NEW LOCATION). 191 Log Canoe Circle, Stevensville, MD 21666
Where is the Race?
The 5k course will cover the scenic grounds of Terrapin Park on paved and gravel paths, as well as off-road sections of grass and sand. The 10k course will travel along the Cross Island Trail.
What are the registration fees? Entry Fees:
$25 until June 15
$30 June 16-July 15
$35 July 16-August 15
$40 after August 15, including race day
$30 until June 15
$35 June 16-July 15
$40 July 16-August 15
$45 after August 15, including race da
What Is The Race Day Schedule And Start Times?
The race starts at 5:30pm for the 10K and 6pm for the 5K. Registrations are accepted on race day from 3:00pm until 10 minutes prior to the desired race (5:20pm for the 10K and 5:50pm for the 5K). Pre-packet pickup the day before the event will be announced if it occurs.
Where should I park the day of the race?
Parking is Free in designated parking lots and street parking.
What is the policy for race day registration.
We do offer race day registration but we do not guarantee a T-shirt or Finisher Medal as supplies may be limited. All preregistered participants are guaranteed a T shirt and Finisher Medal
How do I receive my bib number and timing tag?
You must pick up your bib number and timing tag at Pre-Packet Pickup (to be determined) or race day. Be prepared to show your photo ID to claim your bib number. You may designate a person to pick up your bib number but they must present a copy of your picture ID – no exceptions.
How do I receive my shirt?
Shirts must be picked up at pre-packet pickup (to be determined) or race day. Shirts are guaranteed for all Pre-registered folks.
Can I have someone pick up my bib number and timing tag for me?
Yes; however, they must come with a copy of your picture ID – no exceptions
Which events receive finisher medals?
Finisher medals for all pre-registered events will be awarded upon completion of the race in the finish line chutes.
What are the categories for age group awards?
Awards are give to the top male and female fingers for the 5K and 10K. Age group awards to top winner: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 plus
Will Run 4 Shelter mail out my medal or prize?
We are pleased to offer a process for participants who were unable to pick up their Award on Race day. Please fill out the the secure form below and select the $10.00 shipping and handling fee. We will mail out your Award to the address provided by following this process.
Why did my GPS device record a distance greater than 13.1 miles for the half marathon course or greater than 6.2 miles or 3.1 miles?
The courses are measured along the shortest distance between the start line and finish line, which entails taking the straight line tangent on all curves. It is virtually impossible for anyone to run the course exactly as measured, even the front runners.A GPS device measures distance wherever you go during the race. If you go to the side of the road to a water station, the GPS records this extra distance. If you zig-zag around other runners in the first few miles, the GPS measures the extra distance. Wherever you do not run the short line tangent in the road, the additional distance you cover is measured by the GPS. A GPS device worn in a race will always record a distance greater than an accurately measured course.
Can I receive a refund if I’m unable to participate in the race?
We follow the standard marathon running industry policy for registration cancellations. All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. You may not give or sell your number to another racer. The entry fee for the 2017 event will not transfer to the following year’s event, no exceptions. This policy stays in effect whether you are injured, have an unexpected business or family emergency, or other incident. Sorry, there are NO exceptions. However, we will mail out your packet here following this process.
What are the Run 4 Shelter policies?
You can read all the policies here, Terms and conditions
I am a very slow runner/ walker. Am I going to be out of place?
Due to permit restrictions, all runners must complete the course by 7:30 PM (2hr time limit for 10k, 1hr 30min time limit for 5k).
What if it’s raining the day of the event?
The event will take place rain or shine.
Can I wear headphones?
Yes, but we ask that you keep the volume down at a safe level so that you can hear other runners or instructions from event personnel. We also ask that you remove them, or, at the very least, remove one ear bud when you are coming to aid stations, in a large crowd or on more technical or difficult sections of the course. The important thing is paying attention to everyone’s safety and maintaining basic race etiquette with other runners.
Can I run with my stroller and/or pet?
No, for the safety of your child, pet and the other runners you may not run with a stroller or pet.
How long is a Half Marathon, 5K and 10K?
5K=3.1 miles, 10K=6.2 miles
Are there bathrooms on the course?
There will be port-a-potties at the start/finish area.
Can I give my number to someone else to run the race?
No. All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. You many not give or sell your number to another racer.
When and where do I pick up my bib number and race packet?
Pre-packet pickup to be determined. You can pick up you packet on race day starting at 3pm.
I’m traveling from out of town for the race, where is the best place to stay?
There are many local hotels located in close proximity to the Race.
How can I volunteer to help with the race?
Yes, to volunteer please contact Krista at firstname.lastname@example.org
My company is interested in sponsoring Run 4 Shelter. Where can I find out about sponsorship packages?
We would love your sponsorship! Please contact our marketing and business development director at 410-977-2089, Mia Cranford.
I have a question not addressed here, who do I contact?
Krista Pettit: 410-739-4363, email@example.com
A warm welcome and sincere thanks to our new business partners who are making a difference in the lives of our neighbors!
Please frequent these businesses who are helping to support, feed, clothe, and shelter the homeless in our community.